These DIY photo lantern centerpieces Martha Stewart taught me how to make are perfect for your rehearsal dinner or reception.
3 picture frames (Make sure the frames are all the same height and width)
vellum paper (a sheer, nearly transparent craft paper)
a computer and printer
candles and rose petals
1. Disassemble the three like-sized frames – discard their backings.
2. Paint or stain wooden frames desired color if you’d like; let dry.
3. Upload or scan photographs to your computer. (You can make the images black and white if you choose)
4. Resize them to fit your frames.
5. Print them onto vellum paper with an ink-jet printer.
6. Slip the images into the frames.
7. Using cloth tape, hinge frames together to form a triangle.
8. Stand frames around a candle in a protective glass holder and sprinkle a few rose petals and you’re done!
Easy peasy! And of course, it always helps to have a wedding planner there on your big day to set them up for you!